I read an artical in Linux Journal about being able to do development “in the cloud” was an intersting artical, it was very ipad centric, so I set out tonight to see if the same could be done on an Android Tablet. Well the anser I found is yes it can easly be done. And I am not talking about just doing code for the device (and simulare OS devices) but even just standard C/C++ and Java. Well I was able to match basicly what he did and that is to have a command line connection to a Linux box and use an editor (he used vim, I tested with Emacs, more complex key combonations in my test) and foudn with an app called Termial IDE, it leaves you at the bash shell in Android, but a quick ssh to my home box gave me full blown Linux (much as he did in his artical) I was able to load up screen (for the occationnal disconnects that could happen over a mobil network) and fire up Emacs. From there I editied a file Ctrl-X and Ctrl-C’ed it (I did not want to save the changes but if those Ctrl keys work then the Ctrl-S should work). Well I was able to get done what I wanted. Next I though that it would be nice to have a more local dev system on the tablet to see if that could be done. Found an app called Anjedi, this is more specific to Android Java deveolpment, but I was able to get from my SVN server (it also supports GIT for those of you that use GIT) and edit some XSLT and other files, so I can see this also as a good option, I am sure there are some other tools out there that can be used but my goal was to see if I could repeat what this guy in the Linux Journal Artical did with the ipad on an Android Tablet, and the anser is yes. Now would I like to work like that very often I don’t think so, but for the quick grab my tablet and bluetooth keyboard it can work.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/O d+ s:+> a C+++$>++++ UBL++S>$ P--- L+++>++++ E>+++
W++ N+ !o !K w--- O- M-- V-- !PS !PE Y+>++ PGP t+ !5 !X R
tv- b+>++ DI D G+ e++>+++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
- Nintendo proves the problem with th… by Michael O'Connor
Well the news lately is that Nintendo has shutdown the ability for people to download games they paid for for their Wii. So people gave money to nintendo for nothing. But with physical you don’t have to worry about a company just decided remove your rights for what ever reason. This another reason to fear[…]
- Gas by Michael O'Connor
- One nice thing about physical games… by Michael O'Connor
The other day I was at a Retro game store, and asked the guy that worked there if they had a copy of Hydro Thunder a game I played a lot in the late 90s at the arcade when I was in colage. They did, true I had to buy a N64 for to play[…]
- Why I did not buy the new Diablo 2 … by Michael O'Connor
For a while I was excited to get the Diabloe 2 game that they are releasing, but then I found out they will not be doing a physical copy. And that right there stopped me from getting the game. I will not buy a digital only game.
- Bought a new domain, and the spam p… by Michael O'Connor
I been streaming lately. And I bought a domain name for my streaming activities. And today I have gotten 5 calls so far from scammers claiming to be web developers wanting me to higher them to build my website. Why would I even bother higher a web developer that does a cold call. I am[…]
- Changing my wireless accesspoints by Michael O'Connor
A while back I got the eeors wireless access points for my home network, But I have been increassing disastified with them as they do not support VLAN. So yesterday I invested in some Unifi wireless access points. First they do support VLAN. Next it does not require a app on my cell phone to[…]
- Well if you needed even more reason… by Michael O'Connor
This artical, talks about how the dems, are using social media to supress the 1st admendment. The sad thing is these social media giants are more then happy to go along with them. The more and more I read about things like this the more and more I am glad I deleted my social media[…]
- Tomorrow is the day by Michael O'Connor
A couple of days ago I posted to facebbok (first time I went on facebook in months) to let the people there know i will be deleting my facebook account. And i decided to do the deletion on independence day as it will be my final freedom from facebook so tomorrow the day the page[…]
- Well it been over a month and half … by Michael O'Connor
Well it has been over a month and a half since I ditched chrome for the brave browser, and it been very good. When I was using chrome my Load average was alwasy pegged at 6 and above, with the brave browser it is going as low as 2. It is nice to have a[…]
- Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set… by Michael O'Connor
Well this morning Verizon has a total network outage where I live. A while back I setup my USG to use my T-Mobile hotspot as a fail over network. So I still have internet but burning though my data plan on the hotspot faster then I thought even with not streaming any video or music.[…]
- Michael O'Connor on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hi Grace good to hear from you and thanks for the heads up for MC. Welcome to my blog.
- Grace on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hadn't heard from you in a while, thinking of you!
- Richard on With MD talking about banning the s…This is really cool, Mike!
- Michael O'Connor on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…There is nothing wrong with slackware, it is still being updated (I am on slack 14 here) I will have…
- mike shomsky on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…Michael, I'm surprised you're still using slackware :^), since Pitt I've become a Debian fan Do drop me a line…
- Michael O'Connor on Handicapped spotsMany take the plakard not because they are cheating the system as you suggest but because in many states the…
- Truely on Handicapped spotsHandicapped parking viaiotlons are never acceptable but I'm more intrigued that a public building for 600 employees could be constructed…
- Michael on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2What device do you have? If it is the Amazon Fire, or the Barns and Nobles nook, I will not…
- Michael Miller on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2I'd love to use the app on my Android tablet, but while my version of Android will run the app,…
- Iain on Facebook, No Internet Connection on…I had this exact same problem, but following these steps still didn't fix it. Also, I noticed that Friendcaster won't…