I read an artical in Linux Journal about being able to do development “in the cloud” was an intersting artical, it was very ipad centric, so I set out tonight to see if the same could be done on an Android Tablet. Well the anser I found is yes it can easly be done. And I am not talking about just doing code for the device (and simulare OS devices) but even just standard C/C++ and Java. Well I was able to match basicly what he did and that is to have a command line connection to a Linux box and use an editor (he used vim, I tested with Emacs, more complex key combonations in my test) and foudn with an app called Termial IDE, it leaves you at the bash shell in Android, but a quick ssh to my home box gave me full blown Linux (much as he did in his artical) I was able to load up screen (for the occationnal disconnects that could happen over a mobil network) and fire up Emacs. From there I editied a file Ctrl-X and Ctrl-C’ed it (I did not want to save the changes but if those Ctrl keys work then the Ctrl-S should work). Well I was able to get done what I wanted. Next I though that it would be nice to have a more local dev system on the tablet to see if that could be done. Found an app called Anjedi, this is more specific to Android Java deveolpment, but I was able to get from my SVN server (it also supports GIT for those of you that use GIT) and edit some XSLT and other files, so I can see this also as a good option, I am sure there are some other tools out there that can be used but my goal was to see if I could repeat what this guy in the Linux Journal Artical did with the ipad on an Android Tablet, and the anser is yes. Now would I like to work like that very often I don’t think so, but for the quick grab my tablet and bluetooth keyboard it can work.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/O d+ s:+> a C+++$>++++ UBL++S>$ P--- L+++>++++ E>+++
W++ N+ !o !K w--- O- M-- V-- !PS !PE Y+>++ PGP t+ !5 !X R
tv- b+>++ DI D G+ e++>+++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
- Watch “Police Arrest … by Michael O'Connor
- Watch “Fauci Says … by Michael O'Connor
Papers please. We are going down the road of athlritism fast. We have rights and the constitution does not say you have them in good times but you have them all the time.
- Am important read. by Michael O'Connor
- We don’t deserve libe… by Michael O'Connor
It was once said a people that will trade liberty for security deserve neither and will have neither. Now with the pandemic scare many Americans are cheering all these lock down orders. Pastors are being arrested people cheer because it “not safe” to go to church. Churches are being forced to close (and in NYC[…]
- Google get grilled on their… by Michael O'Connor
- I been injoying this as of late by Michael O'Connor
I have been vaping for a while and I love this RDA and this is my favorite flavor it is Blue Raspberry Slushie.
- Got this today at work. by Michael O'Connor
- This is where I been gettin… by Michael O'Connor
https://www.timcast.com/ Here is his bitchute channel (linking this instead of youtube, incase youtube decides to retaliate against Tim) https://www.bitchute.com/channel/ldVrtT5BwSJ0/
- Google doing more cencersoring by Michael O'Connor
I got to be careful as or this blog will just be reposting of Tim Pool videos.
- Testing an phone app to post here by Michael O'Connor
This is a test post to see if I can post while on the go. This is the next step to see if I can do the move of of Facebook.
- Michael O'Connor on A screen shot of my towers …There is nothing wrong with slackware, it is still being updated (I am on slack 14 here) I will…
- mike shomsky on A screen shot of my towers …Michael, I'm surprised you're still using slackware :^), since Pitt I've become a Debian fan Do…
- Michael O'Connor on Handicapped spotsMany take the plakard not because they are cheating the system as you suggest but because in many states the…
- Truely on Handicapped spotsHandicapped parking viaiotlons are never acceptable but I'm more intrigued that a public building for 600 employees could be constructed…
- Michael on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2What device do you have? If it is the Amazon Fire, or the Barns and Nobles nook, I will…
- Michael Miller on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2I'd love to use the app on my Android tablet, but while my version of Android will run the app,…
- Iain on Facebook, No Internet Conne…I had this exact same problem, but following these steps still didn't fix it. Also, I noticed…
- Braden on Might be time to ditch mozi…I ditched Firefox a while ago and never looked back. Chrome is so much better. It's faster, and…
- Michael on Issues, Etc. App for AndroidSteven I see you have edited your original post, as to the issue with the space, I will have to…
- Michael on Issues, Etc. App for AndroidSteven, could you help me understand the issue you are having witht the QR code could you give me an…