Well today as posted about earlier that I pulled out the two other radios. I got the power adapter built. I am supplying the power to the Alinco that is being used by the Icom. I also tuned up an antenna for my Alinco, it works well, only has a 1.4:1 SWR on both bands. At first today I thought the radio was damaged because I tried a different antenna, it is a “real” dual band antenna, but it does not work at all, there is so much reflected power that the radio’s output power is cut so low that it does not even register on the power meter. But an hour after trying this antenna, I tried one of my other antenna, it is just a mag mount and a nineteen inch rod in it. I worked on it till I tuned it down on 2 meters, when I got it down to 1.2:1 on 2 meters I started to work on 70 centimeters, got it down to 1.4:1 then I checked out the SWR on 2 meters and it read 1.4:1 this time, so I figured it was below the 1.5:1 that they say is the area you want to keep it in, so I was happy and just left it there. Then I started to make another 100 feet antenna out of speaker wire, for a HF reciver that a friend gave me about a year and a half ago. I am not have as much luck with it as I wish I was having with it. But right now I am barley getting something but, I have only spent about one hour tuning thought the bands, so I can not really say one way or the other. I stopped playing with that antenna because the mic on the Icom started to stick and I could not get it to unkey. At that point I was in a QSO with some other hams, so I just jumped over to the Alinco and turned off the Icom. I took the mic off and took it apart to see what was wrong. I was able to find where it was sticking but I can not say what was wrong, nor did I know how to fix it. But when I put it back together it seams to be working again. Another ham suggested to me I might want to try (the next time the mic sticks) cleaning the parts that are sticking inside the mic with some pure alcohol.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/O d+ s:+> a C+++$>++++ UBL++S>$ P--- L+++>++++ E>+++
W++ N+ !o !K w--- O- M-- V-- !PS !PE Y+>++ PGP t+ !5 !X R
tv- b+>++ DI D G+ e++>+++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
- Google get grilled on their… by Michael O'Connor
- I been injoying this as of late by Michael O'Connor
I have been vaping for a while and I love this RDA and this is my favorite flavor it is Blue Raspberry Slushie.
- Got this today at work. by Michael O'Connor
- This is where I been gettin… by Michael O'Connor
https://www.timcast.com/ Here is his bitchute channel (linking this instead of youtube, incase youtube decides to retaliate against Tim) https://www.bitchute.com/channel/ldVrtT5BwSJ0/
- Google doing more cencersoring by Michael O'Connor
I got to be careful as or this blog will just be reposting of Tim Pool videos.
- Testing an phone app to post here by Michael O'Connor
This is a test post to see if I can post while on the go. This is the next step to see if I can do the move of of Facebook.
- Based on the censorship fro… by Michael O'Connor
The title says it all, I will be posting here more often outside of the Facebook and Twitter censorship, no I never been blocked for anything but I seen many others being unpersoned, er deplatforming as they call it.
- Google wants to be dictator! by Michael O'Connor
- Tim Pool gets Censored this… by Michael O'Connor
Youtube is going over board on censorship now. Tim Pool ( a good Journalist ) posted this originally on youtube https://www.bitchute.com/video/Pol4iqeF4mE/ Here is a follow up video that he posted about it (sorry if youtube censored this one too)
- Why I will not get a google… by Michael O'Connor
There is a lot of talk about google entering the game console market, and they are “going to be the netflix of gaming” but I will not be getting a google game console for a variety of reasons. 1) As I posted here https://blog.mikeoconnor.net/2016/04/google-bricks-devices/, google has had hardware that they decided they did not want[…]
- Michael O'Connor on A screen shot of my towers …There is nothing wrong with slackware, it is still being updated (I am on slack 14 here) I will…
- mike shomsky on A screen shot of my towers …Michael, I'm surprised you're still using slackware :^), since Pitt I've become a Debian fan Do…
- Michael O'Connor on Handicapped spotsMany take the plakard not because they are cheating the system as you suggest but because in many states the…
- Truely on Handicapped spotsHandicapped parking viaiotlons are never acceptable but I'm more intrigued that a public building for 600 employees could be constructed…
- Michael on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2What device do you have? If it is the Amazon Fire, or the Barns and Nobles nook, I will…
- Michael Miller on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2I'd love to use the app on my Android tablet, but while my version of Android will run the app,…
- Iain on Facebook, No Internet Conne…I had this exact same problem, but following these steps still didn't fix it. Also, I noticed…
- Braden on Might be time to ditch mozi…I ditched Firefox a while ago and never looked back. Chrome is so much better. It's faster, and…
- Michael on Issues, Etc. App for AndroidSteven I see you have edited your original post, as to the issue with the space, I will have to…
- Michael on Issues, Etc. App for AndroidSteven, could you help me understand the issue you are having witht the QR code could you give me an…