These spammers are getting annoying; today I got over 100 spams on my blog in the form of trackbacks. I have so far deleted all of them, so that they don’t get any Google benefit of them being linked too, also I have been banning there IP’s. I know most of the IP’s will be of anonymous proxies, but I don’t really care if an anonymous proxies can see my site, and after those come Russian IP’s followed by German sites. Most of my readers (99.9%) of them are in the US, the only reader I really care about that is out of the US is my sister. And I know her IP address, and to my understanding she and her husband have a static IP. I have to find a way to verify if a trackback is a true one or just a spammer. One thing I have seen so far is I get 2 weeks of incredible amount of comment spam, then it is followed by 3 weeks of no spam, then it repeats like that. I hope some day to have an IP ban list that will kill most of the spam.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/O d+ s:+> a C+++$>++++ UBL++S>$ P--- L+++>++++ E>+++
W++ N+ !o !K w--- O- M-- V-- !PS !PE Y+>++ PGP t+ !5 !X R
tv- b+>++ DI D G+ e++>+++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
- One nice thing about physical games… by Michael O'Connor
The other day I was at a Retro game store, and asked the guy that worked there if they had a copy of Hydro Thunder a game I played a lot in the late 90s at the arcade when I was in colage. They did, true I had to buy a N64 for to play[…]
- Why I did not buy the new Diablo 2 … by Michael O'Connor
For a while I was excited to get the Diabloe 2 game that they are releasing, but then I found out they will not be doing a physical copy. And that right there stopped me from getting the game. I will not buy a digital only game.
- Bought a new domain, and the spam p… by Michael O'Connor
I been streaming lately. And I bought a domain name for my streaming activities. And today I have gotten 5 calls so far from scammers claiming to be web developers wanting me to higher them to build my website. Why would I even bother higher a web developer that does a cold call. I am[…]
- Changing my wireless accesspoints by Michael O'Connor
A while back I got the eeors wireless access points for my home network, But I have been increassing disastified with them as they do not support VLAN. So yesterday I invested in some Unifi wireless access points. First they do support VLAN. Next it does not require a app on my cell phone to[…]
- Well if you needed even more reason… by Michael O'Connor
This artical, talks about how the dems, are using social media to supress the 1st admendment. The sad thing is these social media giants are more then happy to go along with them. The more and more I read about things like this the more and more I am glad I deleted my social media[…]
- Tomorrow is the day by Michael O'Connor
A couple of days ago I posted to facebbok (first time I went on facebook in months) to let the people there know i will be deleting my facebook account. And i decided to do the deletion on independence day as it will be my final freedom from facebook so tomorrow the day the page[…]
- Well it been over a month and half … by Michael O'Connor
Well it has been over a month and a half since I ditched chrome for the brave browser, and it been very good. When I was using chrome my Load average was alwasy pegged at 6 and above, with the brave browser it is going as low as 2. It is nice to have a[…]
- Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set… by Michael O'Connor
Well this morning Verizon has a total network outage where I live. A while back I setup my USG to use my T-Mobile hotspot as a fail over network. So I still have internet but burning though my data plan on the hotspot faster then I thought even with not streaming any video or music.[…]
- Setting up a DDNS script to update … by Michael O'Connor
Well I have a VPN end point into my home network. But the issue has been the changing IP address you get with home networks, and Verizon charges to much for a static IP (I don’t want to go to a business account) So I found this site http://rizwanansari.net/digital-ocean-dynamic-dns/ that has a script for doing[…]
- As I move away from social media by Michael O'Connor
Today I have deleted (or should I say “deactivated as twitter puts it) my twitter account. Next I will be deleting my facebook account, I have not used them since January. True I know they will retain that data for as they want to keep it to try to sell my info to advertisers. and[…]
- Michael O'Connor on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hi Grace good to hear from you and thanks for the heads up for MC. Welcome to my blog.
- Grace on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hadn't heard from you in a while, thinking of you!
- Richard on With MD talking about banning the s…This is really cool, Mike!
- Michael O'Connor on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…There is nothing wrong with slackware, it is still being updated (I am on slack 14 here) I will have…
- mike shomsky on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…Michael, I'm surprised you're still using slackware :^), since Pitt I've become a Debian fan Do drop me a line…
- Michael O'Connor on Handicapped spotsMany take the plakard not because they are cheating the system as you suggest but because in many states the…
- Truely on Handicapped spotsHandicapped parking viaiotlons are never acceptable but I'm more intrigued that a public building for 600 employees could be constructed…
- Michael on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2What device do you have? If it is the Amazon Fire, or the Barns and Nobles nook, I will not…
- Michael Miller on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2I'd love to use the app on my Android tablet, but while my version of Android will run the app,…
- Iain on Facebook, No Internet Connection on…I had this exact same problem, but following these steps still didn't fix it. Also, I noticed that Friendcaster won't…