I have to admit I like the USB jump drives that are coming out. At first I kind of resisted them because I was hoping that the SD cards and card readers would be what replaced floppy drives, but I am not blind and I can see that it is the USB jump drives that are what people like to be the next replacements for floppy drives. The benefits of them are that you do not need drivers for them, and most (if not all) computers in use today do have USB connections, and windows 98se or higher, Mac OSX, or a Linux based computer that supports USB mass storage devices. The one thing I love about the SD cards was that they not only worked in the card readers on the computers, but also in PDA’s and Digital cameras, and a host of other devices. The one downside to the SD cards was that they were (in fact are) slower then the USB jump drives. And the card readers (even the smallest ones) are considerably larger then a jump drive. The nice thing about the jump drives now, is since most people are buying them, which is helping to drive the price of them down. I still like the SD card for PDA’s and digital cameras but I am starting to move over to the jump drives.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/O d+ s:+> a C+++$>++++ UBL++S>$ P--- L+++>++++ E>+++
W++ N+ !o !K w--- O- M-- V-- !PS !PE Y+>++ PGP t+ !5 !X R
tv- b+>++ DI D G+ e++>+++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
- Tired of the incompantancy of bge by Michael O'Connor
Well last night we had the monthy power failer from bge, I am so tired of the constant power failures. Yet another device of mine has been damaged beause of it. I call and complain constantly about the constant power failures yet they don’t seem to care one bit. I hate that I live in[…]
- Last week work sent me to training … by Michael O'Connor
First about a month ago where I work sent me to training for React, at that time after class I wrote up a a web site for my streaming stuff. While I did get it up, I was not fully happy with it, I don’t like the language of React it felt clunky and I[…]
- Weight lost journy continues by Michael O'Connor
Well as of today, I weighed in at 175 pounds, so as of today I have lost 125 pounds in this indever. I still have 50 pounds till I reach my goal. I will also say medicly once I loss another 25 pounds I will TECHNICLY no longer be over weight (according to the NIH[…]
- The weight lost journy continues by Michael O'Connor
Well as of Friday I weighted in at 185 pounds, and being at 5’6″ I can finally say I am no longer obese. I am still over weight, acourding to the charts I will be overweight till I hit 154 pounds. My goal is still 125 pounds. But for now I have lost 115 pounds[…]
- Working on lossing weight. by Michael O'Connor
I been for the last serveral months worked on lossing weight. I let my weight get out of hand, back on March 31 of this year I hit 300 pounds, and for someone that is only 5’6″ that is far to much. Today I weighed in at only 202 pounds. I still have a long[…]
- Nintendo proves the problem with th… by Michael O'Connor
Well the news lately is that Nintendo has shutdown the ability for people to download games they paid for for their Wii. So people gave money to nintendo for nothing. But with physical you don’t have to worry about a company just decided remove your rights for what ever reason. This another reason to fear[…]
- Gas by Michael O'Connor
- One nice thing about physical games… by Michael O'Connor
The other day I was at a Retro game store, and asked the guy that worked there if they had a copy of Hydro Thunder a game I played a lot in the late 90s at the arcade when I was in colage. They did, true I had to buy a N64 for to play[…]
- Why I did not buy the new Diablo 2 … by Michael O'Connor
For a while I was excited to get the Diabloe 2 game that they are releasing, but then I found out they will not be doing a physical copy. And that right there stopped me from getting the game. I will not buy a digital only game.
- Bought a new domain, and the spam p… by Michael O'Connor
I been streaming lately. And I bought a domain name for my streaming activities. And today I have gotten 5 calls so far from scammers claiming to be web developers wanting me to higher them to build my website. Why would I even bother higher a web developer that does a cold call. I am[…]
- Michael O'Connor on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hi Grace good to hear from you and thanks for the heads up for MC. Welcome to my blog.
- Grace on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hadn't heard from you in a while, thinking of you!
- Richard on With MD talking about banning the s…This is really cool, Mike!
- Michael O'Connor on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…There is nothing wrong with slackware, it is still being updated (I am on slack 14 here) I will have…
- mike shomsky on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…Michael, I'm surprised you're still using slackware :^), since Pitt I've become a Debian fan Do drop me a line…
- Michael O'Connor on Handicapped spotsMany take the plakard not because they are cheating the system as you suggest but because in many states the…
- Truely on Handicapped spotsHandicapped parking viaiotlons are never acceptable but I'm more intrigued that a public building for 600 employees could be constructed…
- Michael on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2What device do you have? If it is the Amazon Fire, or the Barns and Nobles nook, I will not…
- Michael Miller on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2I'd love to use the app on my Android tablet, but while my version of Android will run the app,…
- Iain on Facebook, No Internet Connection on…I had this exact same problem, but following these steps still didn't fix it. Also, I noticed that Friendcaster won't…