It turns out the hard drive has some bad blocks on it, so I need to first format the file systems myself out side of the installer, since the installer does not have the option to check for bad blocks, that generated some errors on the beginning of the install. So I just started the format of the file systems in “rescue mode” and then when I do the install I will not format the file systems since they would have been formated outside of the installer and should be ready for the installer to do its work with it. Also any one that would like to remind me not to store any data on this computer because the drive might be failing, I already know that, most of its file systems will be mounted via the network, and the few files that I will need on it that are not mounted on the network will be backed up on a daily bases because since the hard drive is starting to have problems, it could mean that the death of the hard drive is pending. Or it could be nothing other then a drop just damaged the hard drive in a few areas, it is a laptop, and it was in my backpack when the strap gave out and crashed to the ground. Only time will tell if the bad sectors start to spread then the hard drive is on its way out, if not, it was from the drop.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS/O d+ s:+> a C+++$>++++ UBL++S>$ P--- L+++>++++ E>+++
W++ N+ !o !K w--- O- M-- V-- !PS !PE Y+>++ PGP t+ !5 !X R
tv- b+>++ DI D G+ e++>+++ h !r z-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
- Weight loss continues by Michael O'Connor
Today, when I did my morning weight in my scale read 143 pounds, so to date I have lost 157 pounds. And now I have only 18 more pounds to go.
- My Backup internet. by Michael O'Connor
In the past I have used a 4G T-Mobile hotspot, that was costing me about 50 a month for 10GB of data. But for that same 50 I could get T-Mobiles home internet. So I cancled the hotspot line and added the Home Internet for my backup internet. First they say there is no data[…]
- Just setup a local Plex server by Michael O'Connor
So in my journy of cutting the cable. I just setup a Plex server for my local network. I have a lot of mp3 still that I ripped from my CD years ago. Now I wonder if I can rip my DVD to the Plex server, not to replace them but to have them accessable[…]
- Cancled my Cable TV (again) by Michael O'Connor
For about 3 years I have had Cable TV (FiOS) but I been considering getting rid of it to save some money. About a week ago Verizon sent out a notice that they were raising the rates. So that put me over the line of considering it to pulling the trigger. For TV here what[…]
- Hit a big milestone on my weight lo… by Michael O'Connor
Yesterday was a major milestone in my weight loss journy. As of yesterday I weigh half the weight I was when I started my weight loss journy. I have lost 150 pounds, and now weight 150 pounds. I still have only 25 more pounds to go till I reach my goal and then the journy[…]
- Images of my weight loss journey by Michael O'Connor
- The weight loss journy continues by Michael O'Connor
Today I hit an important mile stone on my weight lost journy. Today I hit 154 pounds, why is this number an important one, it is because given my hight of 5 foot 6, that puts me at a BMI of 24.9, or stated otherwise I am no longer medicly over weight now, I hit[…]
- Tired of the incompantancy of bge by Michael O'Connor
Well last night we had the monthy power failer from bge, I am so tired of the constant power failures. Yet another device of mine has been damaged beause of it. I call and complain constantly about the constant power failures yet they don’t seem to care one bit. I hate that I live in[…]
- Last week work sent me to training … by Michael O'Connor
First about a month ago where I work sent me to training for React, at that time after class I wrote up a a web site for my streaming stuff. While I did get it up, I was not fully happy with it, I don’t like the language of React it felt clunky and I[…]
- Weight lost journy continues by Michael O'Connor
Well as of today, I weighed in at 175 pounds, so as of today I have lost 125 pounds in this indever. I still have 21 pounds till I reach my goal. I will also say medicly once I loss another 25 pounds I will TECHNICLY no longer be over weight (according to the NIH[…]
- Michael O'Connor on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hi Grace good to hear from you and thanks for the heads up for MC. Welcome to my blog.
- Grace on Glad I have my T-Mobile hotspot set…Hadn't heard from you in a while, thinking of you!
- Richard on With MD talking about banning the s…This is really cool, Mike!
- Michael O'Connor on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…There is nothing wrong with slackware, it is still being updated (I am on slack 14 here) I will have…
- mike shomsky on A screen shot of my towers dual mon…Michael, I'm surprised you're still using slackware :^), since Pitt I've become a Debian fan Do drop me a line…
- Michael O'Connor on Handicapped spotsMany take the plakard not because they are cheating the system as you suggest but because in many states the…
- Truely on Handicapped spotsHandicapped parking viaiotlons are never acceptable but I'm more intrigued that a public building for 600 employees could be constructed…
- Michael on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2What device do you have? If it is the Amazon Fire, or the Barns and Nobles nook, I will not…
- Michael Miller on Issues Etc Android App Beta 2I'd love to use the app on my Android tablet, but while my version of Android will run the app,…
- Iain on Facebook, No Internet Connection on…I had this exact same problem, but following these steps still didn't fix it. Also, I noticed that Friendcaster won't…