Well I had put some plants in the tank when I started up, but the problem was that the snails I put in the tank were climbing up the plants and the plants were not strong enough to support the weight of the snails and would start to bend over and then break. So today I went out and got some new plants for the tank. I got two types. One type has a very large diameter at the base, and the other type looks bends easily, it looks like a tall grass. These plants should survive the snails crawling up them, or give the snails quite the surprise! But I don’t think I have enough gravel in the base of the tank, I am going to have to go out and gets a little bit more, I just fear putting in new gravel into the established tank, I figure the best way would be take a bunch of it (after washing it out) in the fish net and lower it to the place I want it then slowly pour it out about half to a quarter inch above the location I want it at. I do have the fabric that the roots were wrapped in fully covered with gravel so that should give me some time.
I also think that the tank is turning out very nicely; I still have to take some pictures of it and post them to the photo section of my web site.